For more information please contact Marketing & CSR Coordinator Branislav Valent at email@example.com
AmCham remains committed to promoting the best practices in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) through existing cooperation with the Career Development Center at the University of Belgrade. This cooperation brought two programs: Meet the Business First Hand program and `Kadar da budem kadar` program.
As a part of our efforts to promote the best practices from American and international business and introduce them into Serbian market, AmCham took upon itself the role of CSR promoter, first among AmCham members, and then the wider business population. For that matter we created a web-page contains AmCham members success stories and developed CSR E-news in 2010.
1) Traditionally, AmCham continiously supports good initiatives and makes CSR Partnerships with aim to raise awareness and improve the current situation regarding CSR in Serbia and inform our members on how to get involved. We successfully supported and cooperated with many organizations in various projects such as: WWF, Oktopus, HOD, Business Leaders Forum, and Balkan Local Initiatives Fund.
2) In 2010, AmCham continued to strongly support Corporate Social Responsibility activities and was deeply involved in the promotion of this positive business concept.
Wanting to remain committed to our main goal of promoting best worldwide CSR practices to the business community, AmCham organized a Business Ethics Week in June, the central event of the year in the CSR field, featuring a visit by an ethics expert from Washington, DC. His visit was arranged courtesy of the US Embassy in Belgrade.
3) AmCham published the first catalogue on CSR best practices employed by AmCham member companies (CSR Best Practices 2009) in cooperation with the Business Leaders Forum. This was a way of presenting responsible initiatives of the most active member companies in this field and inspiring others to follow their lead.
4) With aim to build solid basis in actualizing CSR concept in Serbia, we organized a one-day conference on - CSR During Economic Downturn in September 2009, which attracted over 150 guests and 20 speakers who exchanged opinions and gave their overview on this topic.
5) Since Fall 2008, AmCham actively participates with a designated representative at meetings organized by UN Global Compact in Serbia, in particular within the working group for social inclusion and the working group hosted by the Ministry for Labor and Social Policy for developing the national CSR strategy..