NEW SEE represents part of Europe with over 60 million consumers, and 11 markets already geographically and culturally connected and with the potential to further enhance collaboration to create a common market.
NEW SEE is also initiative of American Chambers of Commerce from this region to work together to enhance cooperation between the markets and to encourage more investments in this part of the world.
NEW SEE is a region with high investment potential with:
- Great geo-economics position with rich natural resources and outstanding human capital
- Very favorable tax regimes
- Relatively low operational costs that provide a competitive edge for both products and services
- A great track record - GDP of the NEW SEE grew more than 2 times faster than that of the EU, between 2001 and 2013
And promising future: private consumption as a share of GDP is estimated at 72% in NEW SEE compared to BRICS’ 53% between 2014 and 2020.
And top of that investors` confidence growing with an increased number of FDI projects between 2009 and 2013, which grew 14% annually compared to rest of Europe`s 5% growth.
Cooperation of seven American Chambers of Commerce from the SEE region - Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia
- Promote the NEW SEE Region as a compelling and competitive 61 million people market
- To attract new investment into the region
- To facilitate intra-regional expansion of investments already present in the region
- To create a NEW SEE AmCham Network to provide added value for current members
- Joint promotion of the region as an investment destination, by presenting its strengths, potentials and advantages
- Joint advocacy efforts by participating AmChams, aimed at facilitating trade and investments by sharing best practices, data basis, contacts, etc.