NOMINEE FOR CORPORATE & BUSINESS LAW COMMITTEE CHAIR POSITION
TWO YEAR AGENDA PROPOSAL
As a Vice Chairman of the AmCham Business and Corporate Law Committee, in the previous period, I have actively participated in drafting and adoption of the new Enforcement and Collaterals Act. Also, I have participated in drafting of the Insolvency Act and State Survey and Cadastre Act.
Taking into consideration my 13 years’ experience as a lawyer specialized in corporate and insolvency law, banking and finance (4 years in Commercial Court and 9 years in Raiffeisen bank), I believe that I can contribute in further improvement of Serbian legislation by making it more business friendly. I consider that improvement of Serbian legal framework is important for AmCham members as to provide legal certainty, increasing investments and credit activities.
If elected as Chairman of Business and Corporate Law Committee, I would work with all of you to represent interests of AmCham members before Serbian Governmental bodies by addressing the problems and finding suitable solutions.
Therefore, I would propose the following focus of the Committee for the period 2018-2020:
- Initiation and working on the amendments to the Enforcement Act, Competition Act and Public Procurement Act;
- Monitoring of the adoption of delivered suggestions to the Data Protection Act as well as implementation of this Act in accordance with the EU standards;
- Monitoring and adoption of the comments given upon Companies Act;
- Organization of the roundtable on implementation of the Insolvency Act and Enforcement Act.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR 2018
- Priority AmCham comments adopted in the Enforcement Act, Competition Act and Public Procurement Act if passed by the end of 2018.
- Organized roundtable on implementation of the Insolvency and Enforcement Act.